Wednesday 5 January 2011

Am I dreaming




Before I even got the chance to post on the horror show that was the Swindon game on Monday night, Parkinson and the entire first team coaching staff were abruptly sacked (including Kinsella, which I think is a real shame). My initial thoughts, upon hearing a caretaker would be appointed was 'oh well, here comes Dennis the Menace then'.

To my delight the announcement was made that Keith Peacock would be stepping in as caretaker. A thoroughly nice guy, with a wealth of experience. As surprised as I was, and as much as I'd love to see him take to the dug out at Whitehart Lane on Sunday, the way things have been going of a pace, I would not be surprised if whoever the new owners have earmarked (probably before they even signed on the dotted line and took control of the club) will be in place.

I still believe that it will be Wise who takes over, however I have a quiet hope that the Newcastle connection will see Chris Houghton installed as our FIFTH manager (including Peacock in his temporary role) to boss Charlton since Curbs left. It seems amazing that we've had so many in such a short time having enjoyed the stability of having just the two for over twenty years.

Whatever happens I'll keep coming back for more, here's to a cup shock at the weekend orchestrated by a true Charlton legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment