Friday 3 June 2011

Worrying management structure developments?



I've just read the news of Paul Harts arrival at the Valley as part of a new management structure.

Paul Hart arriving as Academy Director with Jeff Vetre now officially on board as Technical Director with Keith Peacock now titled 'football advisor'.

What to make of all this, I just don't know.  There's no denying Hart has a wealth of experience (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hart).  If it's a genuine appointment, going forward it is a good idea to have someone with such experience driving development of the young players.

Interestingly this will be followed up by Slater and Varney giving a live interview on Radio Kent tomorrow.  I guess to further explain the latest developments at the Valley.

I shall be listening.  It's certainly not going to be anything like a quiet close season.

3 comments:

  1. I think they have got him in as a ready made replacement for Powelly if we start the season badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good move by the Club bringing in someone with Hart's experience, but the Jeff Vetere appointment worries me. I don't want to see the same kind of structure at Charlton that there was at Newcastle with Tony Jiminez, Jeff Vetere and Dennis Wise deciding on transfers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I unfortunately agree Fustymcrank! Trouble is looking at his track record, he's been at some biggish clubs when things have not gone too well. I'd have thought we could have done better if this was the case. And poor old Keith, now bounced down into a 'none job'. I don't know what history there is between Tony and Chris and Mr Hart, but there's beginning to seem like a 'jobs for the boys' scenario developing.

    I'm just waiting for the horrible to happen, and at the press conference to unveil Hart as our new manager a shock moment as he peels off a false latex Paul Hart mask to reveal himself as Mr Evils diminutive side kick Dennis Wise!

    ReplyDelete