Monday 25 July 2011

Cleaning seats, Den Bosch and 11 days and counting...


I spent last Friday assisting cleaning seats in the East Stand. Bloody hard work it was to.  I won't embarrass anyone by mentioning seat numbers, but there were several seats that had more chewed up, rock hard bits of chewing gum than a Wrigley's factory!  Really, if your an adult, you should know better than being so dirty.  And if your a child, DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

It was pretty rewarding if not mundane, and it's always nice to meet other Addicks, who aren't the usual group you sit with every other week.  Nice to know we really do have a wide and diverse demographic of supporters. Also the free tickets for the Den Bosch game will come in handy, and give me my own first hand look at the all new Charlton.

I'm expecting Sir Chris to name a line up that should be pretty close to his initial favoured eleven for the season.  It will be interesting to see if Jason Euell gets another opportunity to prove he's worth a contract.

It should be a good test for us, Den Bosch finished seventh in the Dutch equivalent of our Championship last season, which meant, i think, they qualified for the extremely complex ed play off system out there. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eerste_Divisie)



PS. I loved watching Jenkinsons' spectacular first goal for The Arsenal. (I have to admit to viewing it on my ipad probably too many times, but blame that on the beer).

No comments:

Post a Comment