Sunday 14 August 2011

Great start continues...

So another good display and another win.  Heady days indeed. Top of the league (after two games admittedly).

Wagstaff again showing what is he capable of when he applies himself, rounding the keeper nicely and slotting home from an acute angle.  I suppose the only question being can he keep it up, and how frustrating will this be for Danny Green.  It's been a while since we've had such healthy competition for places in the side.

Hayes, having set Waggy up for the opener, followed this with a typical centre forwards goal.  I know we still need an additional striker, but he looked pretty good to me in the Bournemouth game, and seems a real team player. Having got his first goal, I think we'll be seeing quite a few more from Hayes this season.

It's so refreshing to see a manager at Charlton making tactical late changes to sure things up and ensure all three points travel back to SE7 with the team.  2-0 up at half time and I was feeling supremely confident, when County snatched back a goal on sixty minutes I began to worry. Needlessly. My faith in Messrs Powell and Dyer is growing by the game.

It was good to see Euell coming on late in the game.  I always liked him during his previous stay at Charlton.  I didn't see the incident (handbags at dawn apparently) at the end of the game, but read  his tweet about it.  Not sure about the maturity of the reaction of Euell and Hollands, but it does bold well from a 'we're all in this together - players and supporters' point of view. And lets face it, that relationship has been sorely lacking from allot of the players we've seen over the past few years.

Bring on Colchester!

1 comment:

  1. Scoops - I agree with you about the reaction of Hollands and Euell. So often footballers' petulance is cringeworthy at best but I was pleased to see a bit of passion and a relationship with the travelling Addicks, who had sung the whole game.

    As you say it's been a while since players and fans have been as one. Powell is still being judged but you know that is one thing he will demand.

    ReplyDelete