Wednesday 17 August 2011

Nose bleed territory...

I know we've been here before early season, quite a few times now, but looking at the table after three games (two away) is proving to give me much pleasure.

My Millwall supporting friend text ed me at full time last night asking if I was looking forward to the post Christmas capitulation?  To be honest (and yes I know I am probably getting carried away with myself) it does have a different feel to it currently.  A team playing as a team, winning games because we were better than the opposition rather than riding our luck.

From what I read a very impressive first half performance, followed by a disciplined and solid second half.  Apparently the Colchester keeper was all that really stopped us from improving our goal difference further.

Again it sounds like Scott Wagstaff should have done enough to retain his place and further frustrate Danny Greens chances of a full debut.  No goal this time but some excellent interlinking play with BWP.  It was important for BWP to get off the mark and pick up a brace, strikers feeding on confidence.

The next two games are really pivotal for me.  At home to Scunthorpe is one we should be looking at winning. That will take us to the magic four (the first and last good run Chris Powell had when he'd first taken the reins), so IF we pick up all three points it's then away to Bury, who got a very good win last night against Sheffield Wednesday. A win will see us unbeaten with a 100% record.  All good stuff.

The only trouble being if the above does happen, it could mean the dreaded manager of the month for Sir Chris, and we all no what generally follows that particular accolade.

No comments:

Post a Comment