Friday 9 September 2011

Manager of the month miss spells a happy September for the Addicks



Great news (I hope) Sir Chris managed to swerve this Augusts manager of the month curse/award, the accolade/harbinger of doom going instead to the impressive young manager Karl Robinson of Milton Keynes.

With Milton Keynes playing away to what will be a rejuvenated and much more confident Sheffield Wednesday (following last Mondays result), Saturday could see us back into the top two spots.

Sheffield United travel away to Scunthorpe, whose season has started pretty badly, so second place at 4.45 on Saturday looks likely to me.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Exeter City, no particular reason, my brother attended university there, and I've taken my family to that part of Devon a few times on holiday. Oh, and not that I'm a fan but Wacko Michael Jackson was a supporter. (I always thought he'd be more at home as a West Ham supporter!).

As far as I know Danny Green is looking doubtful with a bug, which should see us field pretty much the same side as Monday night.  Paul Tisdale is another good young manager, but with the players already at his disposal combined with injuries to first teamer's I just can't see them providing too stern an opposition.  Sir Chris won't need a plan B on this occasion and we will secure the three points to put the disappointment of the last two home league games behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment