Saturday 1 October 2011

The Big Result



I won't go into the finer details of today's fine win too much, as I wasn't there and was relying on text commentary to keep in touch with events up in Yorkshire.

Fan bloody tastic is about all I can say.  I thought at best we'd pick up a point perhaps, with both teams cancelling each other out.  It seems every time I sit down at my laptop these days there is something new Charlton related, to enthuse about.  I even had the added bonus of realising that Preston did indeed actually have a fixture today (see my last post, not sure how I missed it). When I discovered it was away to the hapless Leyton Orient I was a bit disappointed. But they only went and lost. Happy days!

Another big bonus today was the scorer of our first goal. Kermorgant with another headed goal. When we sigined him I checked his previous out.  It was less than impressive to be fair.  But the big Frenchman has now scored twice in as many performances, and more importantly he's actually looking like a pretty astute and decent player and signing.

I know this may sound OTT, but I view today's victory as a pivotal moment in our season.  I just cannot see this group of players Sir Chris had put together becoming complacent. If anything I'd envisage the likes of Taylor,  Morrison, Stephens, Hollands et al just becoming more and more focused on winning.

We sit five points clear at the top of the table, with compared to the last few matches, on paper the rest of October throws up some of the easier opponents we will face this season.

On top of all this (and believe me when I say I'm not prone to gloating, and my best friend is a Millwall supporter) the post Morrison Millwall continue to find it impossible to hit a barn door, and now sit precariously second from bottom in the Championship.

It's all beginning to feel like one of those very rare special seasons we see from time to time in SE7.

No comments:

Post a Comment