Wednesday 26 October 2011

'Bradley's Brace keeps Charlton Top'...Wycombe 1 Charlton 2



It's really great fun being an Addick at the moment.

I spent the match in a pub in Dartford celebrating my wife's friends birthday, glued to the large screen which was showing Gillette soccer special on Sky.  They must have 1. Thought I was a bit ignorant staring over my shoulder squinting at the television for most of the evening and 2. A bit odd when I suddenly waved my arms about and made a strange 'graaaaagh yes' noise when BWP's second goal came across he ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Reading various blogs from supporters that were at the game, along with the BBC report,  it was a deserved win with the sometimes customary last twenty minutes of squeaky bum time.  I was really surprised to read the BWP has never scored a hat trick before.

It's beginning to look like myself and some others were wrong in our original appraisal of what pairing upfront is best BWP/Hayes or BWP/Kermogant.  The Frenchman does seem to be growing in confidence by the game, and it would seem a good understanding between him and BWP is beginning to develop.

What was also good was to see Hughes rewarded for his performance as stand in for Stephens.

Onwards and upwards to Hartlepool on Saturday, and I'm hoping my predicted 4 points from two away games will be the outcome.  I may even be pleasantly surprised and see us accumulate all six going into November.

No comments:

Post a Comment