Saturday 17 December 2011

Happy Christmas at The Valley...

I certainly hope so.  My day could not have got off to a better start. Channel chopping I find The Specials recorded live in concert is on Sky Arts.  So are furthering my children's musical education by watching it with them.

I'll be taking two of my brood along to the game today, so am hoping the lads can put a good performance and pick up all three points.  I've seen some pretty good games against Oldham over the years in the second division, I seem to recall a 3 all draw and I'm pretty sure a 5-3.

Russell seems to be getting better by the game and with potential players incoming to the midfield in January along with Stephens and Jackson returning from injury the midfield is looking extremely strong and will be extremely competitive for places. (Especially if Ephriam stays into the New Year).

I said I expected at the very least a draw last week at Wallsall, some saw this as a set back, but on the back of Sir Chris being awarded manager of the month was a decent result. (Not that I'm superstitious or anything).

I'm pretty confident that we'll see a good Charlton win this afternoon.  There haven't been too many setbacks so far this season, however when there have our reaction in the following fixture have been consistently good. After the home draw against Scunthorpe we beat Championship Reading and Bury away in the league, following our home draw against Sheff Weds we went on a 5 match unbeaten run in the league then following our three match win less streak we went on an 8 match winning streak and are now unbeaten for nine games in all competitions (some set back that draw at Wallsall hey?).

Floating not that far above the relegation zone and with a negative goal difference of minus four, conceding 18 times on the road in the league I'm confidently predicting a good Charlton victory, perhaps even seeing a return to scoring form for BWP and perhaps even seeing him bag that elusive first hat trick. 5-1 Charlton.

No comments:

Post a Comment