Saturday 31 March 2012

Curse of 'the old boys' ...

If I use my usual strange un scientific logic to guide me to my prediction (which based on recent history will almost certainly be wrong) for the Orient game we will need to score at least four goals to win. This based on the theory of ex players always scoring against us. And with Spring, Lisbie and Mooney in the side i'm thinking the o's are worth at least one. To be fair I'd gladly take 4-3 to the Addicks. Having said that I'd just as gladly take one nil with the winner coming in the first minute.

We've all been going on about the run in for probably too long too early now. But with seven games to go and the Easter fixtures coming up we are well and truly onto the final straight. Will we sprint to the finish (bank holiday Monday at home) or limp over the line at the last knockings? I think the bottom line is as long as it's in first or second and the booby prize that is third and brings the horror of the play offs is staved off who cares.

On the whole it's been a long and enjoyable season, with the odd hiccup and some great, performances. I want be sorry to see the back of it though.

My honest expectation is maximum points for those of us in the top four and us keeping that all important cushion we've built up and edging closer to nailing it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment