Wednesday 11 April 2012

Looks like Wycombe at home then...

I've not posted for the last couple of games as my nerves have been completed shredded by the ongoing promotion push.

Who'dve believed we could be going into the final four games on an amazing 91 points and still not yet be certain of promotion!

I think this shows both the strength of this division this season and what can be achieved (as per both Sheffield clubs) when local rivalry and honour drives you. One of those two clubs sets of supporters will finish the season gutted. I think keeping up with each other will leave the eventual loser out of puff for the play offs.

We travel to Carlisle needing to show the dogged determination from the last two games. I've not seen a Charlton team run the clock down as effectively as on Bank Holiday Monday for many a year.

Carlisle will present us with an altogether trickier proposition. On a decent run of form and pushing for a play off place, I'll be happy with an away point setting us up nicely for a Valley promotion match day against Wycombe. In the event that we do get all three points up north, I can't see either Sheffield club letting up in their pursuit of the second promotion spot, leaving us to look forward to partying down in Se7 a week on Saturday. (I hope).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment