Saturday 14 April 2012

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

I remember the feeling of unbelief when we were promoted back in 86 to the top flight of football. Today, at 41, not the tender 15 I was back then, the feeling is still the same. Only difference being that tomorrow morning I will be feeling a tad 'tired' compared to the way I felt 25 odd years ago! (I'll be necking mainly rose wine in honour of the mighty reds this evening).

It's been a long old season, and I'll be honest, at times I've been waiting for the wheels to come off. But they didn't. Sit Chris is a legend. Murray did completely the right thing and Slater and Jiminez are owed our thanks for enabling Powell to put together a winning team.

Be interesting to see how the football league show report our fortune tonight, the usual cursory 20 seconds or will they make a feature out of the first (along with Swindon) promotion of the season. Well done Paulo by the way.

A win on Saturday against Wycombe and it's another trophy in the underused cabinet in the boardroom.

Happy happy happy. Goodbye shite referee's as the norm, ta ta Rochdale and Carlisle (maybe), farewell 20 second fls coverage and the first round of the fa cup.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment