Tuesday 23 June 2015

One in, another one out...

Damien Matthews is pretty much last man standing of the old pre Duchalet regime no we have seen Ben Roberts departure today.

For me the impression I got was that he wasn't just a great goalkeeping coach and a great spotter of talent but was an overall positive influence throughout the squad. Our loss, Brightons gain. I wouldn't be surprised to see a space made down the M23 for Damien and what's left of the old back room staff at some point.

Bauer coming in is however maybe a positive step in the right direction. I've heard he is more of a ball playing centre back so could fill the hole left by Ben-Haim.

I went to Selhurst and Upton Park game in game out back in the day. Travelled all over the country to watch a mediocre Charlton side win, lose and draw. (But mostly lose). So the chances of me piously returning my season ticket in disgust are pretty unlikely. But it would cheer me up no end if we see some players who are actually up to the job come through the gates at Floyd Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment