Monday 6 July 2015

Squad looking rather light...

With the traditional pre season friendly against Welling United just a few days away now the number of real potential first teamers in the squad is looking pretty light. In fact having taken a look at the squad list on the official site and removing yoof and those that have been released or sold I can really only see 16 names remaining who could be considered ready and worthy of being in the matchday 16!

This isn't a negative piece, as I'm sure we'll see a few more decent bodies joining the cause over the next few days, but just showing the facts as I can see them. Perhaps I've missed some experienced heads - if I have let me know, for no other reason than to put my mind at rest.

Goalkeepers:

Henderson, Dmitrov

Defenders:

Bikey, Wiggins, Solly, Fox, Bauer

Midfielders:

Jackson, Gudmunnson(hopefully), Moussa, Diarra, Cousins, Ba

Strikers:

Vetokele, Watt, Makienok

Of course there are the development players who were out on loan last season, but I'm not all that sure a few games at Plymouth or Canvey Island would have readied them for The Championship.

I'll be watching over the next few days with interest to see if, when and who comes in to re-inforce the squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment