Saturday 7 November 2015

The minutes silence for remembrance Sunday always make a shiver run down my spine. With the exception of some dickheads behind the Jimmy Seed Stand it was perfectly observed.

The media in general seems to be having its collective ears pricked up regarding the current unrest amongst the Addicks loyal supporters.

Apparently, according to Sky, the pre match team talk was delivered by a sergeant from Woolwich barracks. Perhaps he should be installed as our full time manager?

Onto the game. I certainly didn't see that result or performance coming! Did you? Wednesday really were never at the races. Charlton played a tight diamond formation, pressed upfield, never playing deep - which had become a problem under Luzons stewardship. I laughed out loud when the covered end began singing 'Jason Euells Red and White army'.

Unfortunately we now have an international break to put the scuppers on any momentum we may have gained on the back of this result.

Interestingly I felt Big Mac and Rezza actually gave us some goal threat up top. And I have to admit, I was aghast on Tuesday night when I saw the very young Lookman came on. However he looked like areal prospect. Cocky and confident with the ball at his feet, looking for the pass from his teammates and running towards goal. A real prospect. (I wonder how long until we sell him to Liverpool on the cheap?)

All in all mixed feeling tonight at Chez Coops. I'm really glad the players turned up, rolled their sleeves up, and pulled off a great result. Still completely unsure about Fraey. But it did warm the cockles of my heart to see Jason Euell animatedly directing the players from the technical area.

Pleased, confused and confounded in equal measure.

Great to see the fans sofa disappear, that type of moronic bollocks has no place at football. Apparently this was one of the things that was sung about outside the West Stand.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say t again and again - never a dull moment.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment